SLC 5/05 w remote I/O Scanner

Christoph

using 1747-sn remote scanner to 1771-asb with a 4 slot rack
set up as rack 2. We hav a sim card in the first slot of the
remote rack. when we toggle an input, say bit 0 the input shows up clear down at I:1.16/0 why not at I:1.0/0

Changed config and ASB to rack 1 Could someone tell me
the dip sw setting when using an ASB verB with an SN adapter.
Want to make sure I am using the right settings.
Book isn't clear on that scenario.
Doesn't like this config. and the green led on the ASB is flashing.

Last edited:
ASB is ALMOST the deep end of the pool ...

we can help ... BUT ... you're going to have to tell us EVERYTHING (I repeat EVERYTHING!) about your system in order for us to get it right ...

the best approach is to print out Chapter 4 of this manual and then go through all 24 DIP switches yourself step-by-brutal-step ... even if you don't get it right the first time, at least the exercise will give you an idea of how DETAILED you're going to have to be in describing your system ...

try working through it ... then post any specific questions ... but be sure to give us details ... we even need to know the catalog numbers of the modules, etc. ... and the order in which they're placed in the slots ... will you be adding any other racks/chassis in the future? ... if so, tell us that too ...

Thanks for the info but I am trying to use 1771-ASB ver.B.
in a 1771 chassi with the 1747-SN scanner in the SLC rack, in
the first slot.

I am trying to use 1771-ASB ver.B. in a 1771 chassis with the 1747-SN scanner in the SLC rack, in the first slot.

not a problem - we should be able to make that work ... I think that I have enough toys in the lab to duplicate your setup and work out the DIP switch settings for you ... but ... I still need to know EVERYTHING about how your system is put together in order to begin ... basic idea: some module combinations will work with two-slot addressing - some won't ... some module combinations will work with one-slot addressing - some won't ... some module combinations will work with half-slot addressing - some won't ... and we're just getting started ...

PS Edit ... sorry I missed the "1771-ASB" reference in your original post ... that's not a very common setup - but it certainly should be able to work ...

Last edited: