PLC Code Walkthru

tkisat

Hi All,

I just came across this posting and figured that this was the best place to post my question. I am in software validation in the Bio-Tech industry and am trying to figure out how one would perform a code walkthrough on ladder lagic.

Has anyone attemted this??

Also does anybody have any idea on what FDA's take is on a validation package regarding PLCs'.

Thanks

Taha

Martin,
Hi I'm not sure what single step means. I am relatively new to the world of PLC's. However I have been told that it is easy tospot dead code for PLC's. We are using Allen Bradley PLCs.

Thanks

Taha

tkisat,

While we're waiting for someone with experience in an FDA regulated situation, could you help us out by defining what you mean by 'code walkthrough'? Is there an official definition to the term? Does it apply to processes that fall under the jurisdiction of the FDA?