Danfoss VLT5000 + Positioning Card (NOT syncpos) + DeviceNet?

n_lev

Hello, guys!

Does anyone have had experience with Danfoss VLT5000 + Positioning Card (NOT syncpos) + DeviceNet?
Would really appreciate any advice on getting comms up and running. I can READ data, but can't control the drive... It just doesn't seem to accept any commands over DeviceNet...

General DeviceNet condition questions

What's your DeviceNet master ? What I/O assemblies are you using ? Are other devices functioning correctly on the same network ?

Ken Roach said:
What's your DeviceNet master ? What I/O assemblies are you using ? Are other devices functioning correctly on the same network ?
Master is ControlLogix Dnet Scanner (1756-DNB). I'm ussing assembly 102/152 (it's called PPO 4 in drive).
All device are fine. Absolutely no faults or warnings on the network.
Weird thing is that I can read data (for example I can see encoder position over DeviceNet and it is equals to what's shown on drive LCD) but drive doesn't react on what I wright to it...

If this drive uses the PPO "standard" then bit 10 is the "automation active" bit. Try turning on bit 10 and see if you receive data.

Does the devicenet manual for this drive descibe the control word???

JRW said:
If this drive uses the PPO "standard" then bit 10 is the "automation active" bit. Try turning on bit 10 and see if you receive data.

Does the devicenet manual for this drive descibe the control word???
Bit 10 is "Data Valid" but only for drives WITHOUT positioning card. They work fine. Problem is with those WITH positioning card. They have their own structure of control data, which is described in manual for Profibus. Tech support sais that it should be the same for DeviceNet. It is the same for what I READ, but WRITE doesn't seem to work at all...
Drive status sais that I need to turn bit "Quick Stop" on (to enable any motion). I tried EVERY SINGLE bit in 4 words that I send to the drive but it still stays in the same state waiting for this "Quick Stop" bit...