Current Driver for Proportional Valve

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm looking for a somewhat specialized driver card for a proportional valve.

The card needs to be able to output a current to a single solenoid with a max of 2Amps. The kicker is that I need to be able to varry the following parameters with analog signals:
  • Current out to solenoid (0-2 Amp)
  • PWM Frequency used to drive solenoid (400-1000Hz)
  • Dither Frequency superimposed on current signal (30-120Hz)
  • Dither Amplitude (0 - 250mA)
Has anyone run across something like this before?

Thanks,

Danfoss made a card like you need. I believe they changed to Sauer - Danfoss, but when i google their link won`t come up. If you can get one of their tech guys they maybe able to help?
Good Luck!

Thanks for your replies.

I work at a Bosch Rexroth distributor and they do have a custom card they have been making for us but it is being obsoleted in January. I suspect some of the components will no longer be availible due to Rohs issues.

They are working on a replacement but it will not be available until late next year.

The Axiomatic does almost what is required but they will not modify the card to meet all of the requirements.

I'll have to look in to the Danfoss...

Thanks again,

Yuken is coming out with some very fast responding valves & driver cards... www.yuken.com IMO, The atos isnt there yet. while they have higher flowing pilot valves ( to show faster responce times ) they still have restricter orifaces in the main stage witch lower the freq responce time.