Pb with counters

abdennnour

I am using a plc s7 200 cpu 226 to drive a machine. on one of the input,is placed an encoder, which gives impulses at a certain frequency. the encoder works well but if the frequency of the impulses is hight , the couter in the plc does not respond
hiere is the program in list
LD I0.0
LD I0.1
CTU C0, 1000

I could not copy it in lad

Hello abdennnour;

The input frequency of your encoder is probably too high for the regular counter. You will need to use a High Speed Counter (HSC) instruction. There are 6 HSC available on the S7-226, and a wizard to help you set them up.

I suggest you look at documentation on HSC, in the S7-200_e.pdf manual, and in the Tips and Tricks manual (available as a download from the siemens support webpage, or online at:
http://www.automation.siemens.com/microset/html_76/support/tipps/tt-steuerungstechnik.htm ). Look for tip #4

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

thank you very much for the link it is very useful but it seams to give informations about the configuration of the hsc not about the way to use it.

the counters in the link do not work in the way i want.

I want to count pulses at generated by an encoder at high rate
please help me

abdennnour said:
I am using a plc s7 200 cpu 226 to drive a machine. on one of the input,is placed an encoder, which gives impulses at a certain frequency. the encoder works well but if the frequency of the impulses is hight , the couter in the plc does not respond
hiere is the program in list
LD I0.0
LD I0.1
CTU C0, 1000

I could not copy it in lad
In the S7 MICROWIN Program editor clicK TOOLS then select INSTRUCTION WIZARD then choose HSC (High Speed Counter)then just follow the instruction on how to program high speed counter.

SET-CSG

the solution

I think I will answer my question . I found some thing working.

1-at the begining we have the main program:
load SM0.1 which will configure the HSC : for me, the input where the impulse are coming is I0.0
the interupt int0 is associated with the event 12 which is VC=Vp
we reset the counter and restart
I will try to send the program

Hiere is the program
the counter hsc0 uses I0.0 as input pulses Q0.2 is an output to drive a motor to which a coder is connected
if ther is any pb with the program please contact me