Siemens TP177B MMC card

JohnW

Can anyone confirm that I need an ordinary MMC card for backup and restore of the program in a TP177B?

The manual just says use a >16MB card and that a PLC MMC card is not compatible (I have already tried one of these and they are quite correct!)

Just for the record:

The term Micro Memory Card is used by Siemens for the special flash cards used in S7-300 PLCs.

The term Multimedia Card is used for the commercially available flash cards used in f.ex. digital cameras.

The order no.6AV6 671-1CB00-0AX0 is correct though.

It is unfortunate that Siemens has chosen the same physical format and the same acronym, when it really is not the same thing.

Thanks guys, the IT dept are procuring me some suitable cards.

Jesper,

Its nine o'clock, shouldn't you be down the pub?