WAGO Fieldbus Controller 750-841 setup

ade

Hi all...
I am currently working with WAGO Fieldbus Controller 750-841, it can be configured as a PLC. I have searched the manual and Wago's website, but no luck.

I want to configure it by connecting my laptop to the WAGO Fieldbus Controller 750-841 via it's programming and configuration interface, (i.e the 4 pins male header serial to 9 pins PC's RS232). The manual tells that PC-PLC communication can be established with A WAGO 750-920 Communication Cable. And it is a serial (RS232).

My question is, can anybody tell me the pins configuration of serial cable (i.e. the 4 pins male header serial to 9 pins PC's RS232)???

Any comments and information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
-ade-

I did follow the manual to configure it thru Ethernet port with BootP Server from www.wago.com, but no luck at all. I still could not be able to configure the IP etc.

The I/O LED indication was:
High speed blink for 1 second, 1 second pause, 1 blink, 1 second pause, 10 blink and back to high speed blink...

Anyone can help me please....

Best regards,
Ade

After searched the manual, I found that the error code means: ERROR CODE 1-10 (RTC Powerfail) and the trouble shooting guide on the manual says: "Adjust the clock and keep upright the supply voltage of the bus coupler for at least 15 minutes for loading of the Goldcaps."

The question is: How can I adjust clock at RTC module while I don't use RTC Module?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Salam
-ade-

LadderLogic said:
The next question is: how can I keep the supply voltage upright? Hmmm...
This just means that you need to leave the power ON so the internal memory holding capacitor is charged enough to keep the clock with some values in it.

Nominaly it means 24 hours. Really it means 30 minutes.

But after you set the clock the error will go away. Reboot and look at the results.

With IE you go the Wago web page and will se all the necessairy setting are there for you to adjust/change.

Find first what is the IP of the PFC.

I use Superscan. It takes a few seconds.

swhite65 said:
Have you tried contacting Wago? They are fairly good with customer support.

I did, they recomend me to buy their serial cable to setup my module

Pierre said:
With IE you go the Wago web page and will se all the necessairy setting are there for you to adjust/change.

Find first what is the IP of the PFC.

I use Superscan. It takes a few seconds

I am now scanning IP from very lowest to the highst range since I don't have any clues about it's IP...

Thanks everyone for the response.

Best regards,
Ade

configuration software WAGO 750-841

There are two ways to a wago 750-841
first buy the serial interface cable it is a special one
it has an rs232 chip intergrated but it does not cst much

then configure the plc trough the serial conection and the
WAGO ETHERNETSETTINGS software latest version(v3.06)

Now jou can change all settings of the plc including the
time settings from the real time clock

When you buy the software you will receive a cable with it.
In the connector is a small circuit as the 4 pins are only 5 volts.
When this is correct set the rotary switch to 0 to make communication possible.
Then set the RTC by using small program in codesys or in old i/o pro.