some basic questions

smiles

yeah , I want to ask something about S7300

1) what is the most basic difference between S7300 and S7200 ?
2) the role of PID and WinCC in S7300 ?
3) does EPROM have any role in transfering your program from RAM to ROM ?

thanks in advance :)

Hello smiles;

1) what is the most basic difference between S7300 and S7200 ?

There are many differences between the 2 families; fot the programmer the basic ones are that the S7-200 uses PPI as a programming protocol, the S7-300/400 uses MPI (the protocols are not interchangeable), and that they use a different programming software (Step 7 Microwin for the S7-200, Step 7 for the S7-300).
The other differences concern memory, I/O capabilities, processing speed and math capacities. The S7-300 is a more powerful package than the S7-200.

2) the role of PID and WinCC in S7300 ?
None.
PID control is an algorithm for closed-loop control than can be implemented in the S7-300 through FB41 and related blocs.
WinCC is a Siemens SCADA package than can communicate with the S7-300 (and many other controllers) to allow plant personnel to monitor, control and archive the plant process.

3) does EPROM have any role in transfering your program from RAM to ROM ?
Depending on the generation of S7-300 you are using, either you have access to an EEPRON card to store the program, or you will need to use a MCC card as program storage. The RAM is used to store the operating software of the unit, basically, not for the user program.

There are many S7 manuals dowloaded on your PC along with the installation of Step 7, and they (and many more) are available for free download from Siemens' support website. You may have to spend some time reading on your PLCs before such issues become second nature.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited:
hello friend -DCHARTIER,

I like the way you answer questions, your very professional- an expert on this field, I hope you can advice me someday on some plc problems that I may encounter. God Blessed.