Diffrence between 1770-XYB & 1770-XYC for PLC 5

flyers

Hi guys,

Referring to the PLC5 battery. 1770-XYB is for enhanced processor series A & B. What is the latest series of enhanced processor available as of now? (Let's say 1875-L11B). If we have an enchanced processor of series C....then what battery should we use?

While 1770-XYC is for original processor series B & later. How about if the original processor is series A, then?

Thank you & Happy Merry X'mas to all! Hoho ho....

Last edited:
The only difference between these two batteries is the connector type that is wired to them. The 1770-XYB had a "snap" style connector (like the one on a 9V battery) and the 1770-XYC has a smaller stake-style connector, to prevent people from snapping on 9V batteries !

The only controllers that used the older -XYB are PLC-5/30, /40, /40L, /60, and /60L Series A controllers.

All PLC-5/11, /20, and /80 controllers use the newer -XYC. All Series B and later controllers use the newer -XUC. All Ethernet PLC-5's use the -XYC.

The current generation PLC-5's are Series F.

Ken Roach said:
The only difference between these two batteries is the connector type that is wired to them. The 1770-XYB had a "snap" style connector (like the one on a 9V battery) and the 1770-XYC has a smaller stake-style connector, to prevent people from snapping on 9V batteries !

The only controllers that used the older -XYB are PLC-5/30, /40, /40L, /60, and /60L Series A controllers.

All PLC-5/11, /20, and /80 controllers use the newer -XYC. All Series B and later controllers use the newer -XUC. All Ethernet PLC-5's use the -XYC.

The current generation PLC-5's are Series F.

Ken,

Thanks for your reply.

" All Series B and later controllers use the newer -XUC." The controllers you mention is PLC-5/11, /20, and /80 or....?

I do not know AB has 1770-XUC battery, something new to me.

Sorry, typographical error. PLC-5 Enhanced controllers, Series B and later, use the 1770-XYC battery assembly.

There is a comprehensive battery application cross reference for A-B controllers in the Knowledgebase under Answer ID 16458.

Last edited: