RSViewSE Client Lockup

Greg Dake

Greetings,

RSViewSE Client locks up when I launch the application. I have to ctrl+alt+del to shut it down and the screens are unresponsive. This is a new project and I've installed the following patch files:

R145047157
R148539852

I am running SE 4.0, CPR 7

TIA for any help,

Greg

A few questions off the top of my head:

1. Have you been able to get the client to respond at all?
2. Has the client worked for you before you began experiencing the lockups?
3. Does the machine you are trying to run the client on also have a copy of RSView Studio? If yes, can you run a test application from within Studio?

Because the description of "lock up" is a little vague (are there any error messages etc., or just complete non-response?) these few questions may hopefully get the ball rolling...

Rick

Find the patch roll up routine on the knowledge base. This will load all of the patches in the correct order for you. I don't have the link handy at the moment but a little searching on the knowledge base will find it for you. This may or may not fix your problem, but it is a good place to start.

Thanks for the response. I just got it to work. Installing the entire "roll-up" patch for December for RSViewSE 4.0 cured the issue. The client would launch, and it would just freeze, no error messages.

You beat me to the typing BTN, worked well after installing the rollup.

Thanks for your help,

Greg