Parallel Port In XP

Nimish

Hello Friends
I have a problem accessing parallel port in Xp.I am using Borland C
in which function outportb,inportb are used.This program is to control the data on parallel port which is given to circuit to select the devices(VIZ encoder).I searched in Google and found that
inpout32.dll driver must be loaded.I copied it on my harddisk.But still the port is dump.
Thanks.

Have you explicitly loaded the DLL in your program? If not, Window's won't just 'Run' it. Also, have you prototyped the actual input and output function pointers to the DLL?

It is generally easiest when using a library such as impout32.dll to make a wrapper function around the actual library calls.

In any event, you need to access the library functions. The standard inp and outp functions in Borland will simply not work.

I have copied the DLL but still i can not acess my parallel port.
Do i have to include any new function in my program?

rdrast said:
Have you explicitly loaded the DLL in your program? If not, Window's won't just 'Run' it. Also, have you prototyped the actual input and output function pointers to the DLL?

I have not done any of the things above.

Check out links i have posted. Visit the second one and you will get an example for C compiler etc...