RSViewSE Text

Greg Dake

Greetings,

Is there a good way to center text on a particular display in RSViewSE? I know how to center text within a text box, but how do I center the text box on a display? I know I could make the entire display a large text box, but there's gotta be a better way.

TIA,

Greg

Greg,

Right click in a blank section of your display and check you display setting (640X480).

Then click on your text object and click on the common tab.

This will tell you size and position of you text box. To make thigs easier you can change the size to a regular size ie 21X57 change to 20X60. Then subtract the objects length from the total screen length and make 1/2 of this the LEFT number 640-60=580/2=290. Subtract the objects height from the total screen hight and make 1/2 of this the objects TOP number 20-480/2=230.

This is ugly but it works.

Marc

PS if there is a "center on screen" button that I haven't found, please feel free to post it here
icon7.gif

And where would that button be located? I can't find it, but maybe it is because I am using RSView studio ME.

Marc

Marc,

Thanks, that is exactly what I've been doing...However there has GOT to be a better way......Francie, where is the "center on screen" selection???

TIA,

Greg

You can stretch the object to the width of the screen and center the text OR

Make a temporary dummy text box the same width as the display, select the dummy text and the text you wish to align and choose Arrange->Align Center.

Okie,

Thanks...hehe, again I also use those two tricks as well. Centering text or an object on the screen just doesn't seem like something that requires a "workaround" to get done...

Thanks again,

Greg