Problem with Indramat DriveTop software

Rick Densing

I can't get the DDE server software- driveserver.exe to run. It shuts down immediately.

Anyone see this problem before?
Nothing in the event viewer.
I tried turning off the firewall and windows defender.
It works on an desktop here.

I remember having this exact problem years ago, but I don't remember datails. I did not touch Indramat since 2002...

I would call Indramat in Chicago, they use to have very good support there.

I know when I first started using RSLogix I had absolutely no scarck of it either. Just work your way around the software for a little while, the scarck will come.

Marc

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Contr_Conn said:
I remember having this exact problem years ago, but I don't remember datails. I did not touch Indramat since 2002...

I would call Indramat in Chicago, they use to have very good support there.

I emailed my distributor and hopefully he forwarded it on to Chicago.

I guess it is a poorly written piece of software.
I remember BIG crash we had because of this software:
homing screen has "Set Homing Position" button without "Yes"/"No"/"Are You Sure" confirmation. If you click - homing will reset, even motor is moving.
And windows focus is always on this button ie it is always selected
One engineer pressed "space bar" to return from screensaver while machine was running and guess what? - it changed the reference and machine crashed while customer was whatching...

Last edited: