4 sint hex registers to 1 decimal register

jcfkevin

Hi,
I am using an HMS Anybus AB7007 to translate from Modbus RTU to Ethernet/IP. The data is brought into RSLogix 5000 as an I/O sint array in hex. In otherwords, one input point might take up 4 sint registers in the controller tag database.

Tag Value Data Type
AnyBus_Comm:I AB:Ethernet_Module
AnyBus_Comm:I.Data sint[4]
AnyBus_Comm:I.Data[0] 16#00 sint
AnyBus_Comm:I.Data[1] 16#01 sint
AnyBus_Comm:I.Data[2] 16#24 sint
AnyBus_Comm:I.Data[3] 16#f8 sint

The information I need to extract from this device is as follows:
00 01 24 f8 = 75000 (The value in my RS485 devise is 75.000)
Does anyone know how to convert "4" 8-bit registers into "1" decimal [datatype]?

I need a tag with the value of the "4" sint registers combined.

Tag Value Data Type
Temp_Setpoint 75000 AnyDataType

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

The solution to this problem is to use Bit Field Distribute (BTD) into a dint. a sint is 8-bits and a dint is 32 bits. Move the most sig. sint into the 24th bit of the dint and 2nd most sig. sint into the 16th bit of the dint and so on. What I ended up with is:

00000000+010000+2400+f8 = 0+65536+9216+248 = 75000

Thanks for looking!
Kevin

Here's an alternative
swap.jpg

Thanks, I did that, but I just figured out how to do a byte swap in the AnyBus device. Now I can use the copy function and the data comes in in the right order.