OT: All done for 2006

PeterW

Not back in work now until next year.

May still look in though but will be doing quite a bit of painting and decorating over the 'holiday'.

Just in case.. a seasons greetings and happy new year to all who inhabit the boards, hope its been a good 2006 and lets hope a better 2007.

🍻

ALL DONE?!?!?!?!?

We start our winter shutdown in the morning and have 4 days of a massive amount of work. 14-16 hour days and of course the dreaded on the fly changes. Man how I love my job (If I keep saying it enough, maybe I'll start believing it).

Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday season! Thanks for all the help this past year.

Good for you Peter!!! Someday I hope to have the time off. I got 4 days, I think Im lucky.. Some have to work. Time off is better.

Seasons Greetings

Hi Guys,

Merry Xmas and a even better new year from the Southern Tip of Africa, Hot as hell in Africa, From here on its beaches,bikinis and tons of cold beer:p

Regards

Rheinhardt

Last edited:
I have a three day weekend this weekend.

Might get lucky and have new years off also. Not sure yet. Talking about working New Years Eve and having off New Years Day. We shall see.

Everyone have a wonderful Christmas.

Every year something big falls apart on the last work day before Christmas, once all my field service engineers have their holiday schedules set and approved.

It's almost a game now...

Take the break if you can get it, guys. See you here in '07.

My Christmas break started a day early..... thanks to the fact that I had an accident on the way home from work last night, I smashed up the front of my car when I lost control on a very slippery road and hit the kerb with enough force to smash up the near side wheel, suspension, wishbone, steering rod.... etc.

Still, no one was hurt (apart from my wallet!) and it meant I couldn't go to work today! Every cloud has a silver lining!

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Paul

I'm on call all weekend and its eirily quiet at work today....

Up here we get the day after Christmas off as well. Boxing day!

By the fourth day with no one around I'll be up to my arse in alligators I wager.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukka (sp?), to all!

Brian.

luckily I have seniority so if any problems do arrise the newer IT techs can handle it I get 4 days this weekend Merry XMas everyone

Off to Thailand on the 27th until the 5th - irony is , I don't really want to go -

As usual , someone has had the cream of the milk for the last few months there , and now the customer wants to do a startup because the job is late - so muggins gets it under a great deal of duress . Always the way - "oh , our commissioning engineer can't 'do' PLC , so instead of sacking him or training him (and he DON'T want that) , let's send him to the holiday destinations , and the other charlie can do what is left "
I am begining to think that I will go back to pulling my wire - so to speak - get nearly the same money for little worry/responsibility .

Anyway - those that get a holiday - enjoy it !

I was going to have all of next week off, but...how about going down there and fix this and that, etc...so now I ended up putting a panel that I'm building in the back of the truck, so I can finish it by Tuesday....

BUT what the heck...I wish all of you fine people all around the world a most festive and safe Holiday season, and a even safer new year.

And to my dear friend Paul, a special wish of Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...I am so glad that you were not injured at this time of year.

I toast ALL of you, and will see y'all next year.

David

🍺

Todays plan "Saturday"
Go to work to ensure plant is shutdown to correct manner in the so that it will start up ok in the new year.
Ensure that the big tub of make up is on the Videojet. (See earlier thread about Vidjet 170i and problems with it.
Previously informed guys who are in doing stocktake to check Vidjet in case it does **** out over christmas and I at least can go fix it during the week before it is needed) believe me putting on a five litre bottle for xmas is easier than shutting it down.
Discuss next years shift start up.

Actual
Go to work.
Turn off all services that should have been turned off.
Clear up the mess on one machine because that one shouldn't have been turned off.
Find two production personnel in maintaining machines and thus stopping me isolating parts until they've finished.
Put up signs aying this and that is off so they realise when they try to start the machine.
Arrange to do first two days on earlies and second two on lates to suit the other Electrician as we are one guy down and this will keep his wife happy, (stopped trying to keep mine happy a long time ago just bought some ear plugs..... Joke in case she some how manages to read this)
Do program that I've been trying to do for the past four days but havent due to covering shifts for electrician who left.
(Anyone know of a good sparky looking for job in this area?)
Go home and have a nice quiet Christmas and new year .
Take the full week because if I'm at home I can do the jobs there that won't get done when I come back here.

On a serious note this board keeps me sane and I enjoy reading the posts and smiling at the replies.
You people have a mind set that I look for in most people deicated but holding on to that sense of fu, Have a happy Christmas/ holiday season whatever is your want and a prosperous and hopefully peacefull new year
Steveb

Last edited: