Siemens S7 uploading no comments ??

Dartagnan

Hi guys,

I have a kinda small problem. I would like to upload a program from PLC to PC. Everything works fine, except; comments and symbols appear not being transferred. How is this possible?

Could someone offer a solution to make this work?

Thanks in advance,

Team D'Artagnan :nodi:

Because they aren't in the PLC - unless you have saved the symbol table on the MMC . Even then you would lose the DB comments

The idea is that the PROJECT is archived to the MMC- not just the symbol table. Then he will have the DB comments and all.
A quick check- go to acessible nodes> then to the CPU address and see if there is a zip file or folder there.

comments

hello,

if you have an older version of this program you can copy the blocks from the plc in this project. Then you have the "old" comments and symbols. then you must check if networks are moved and if you find operands without symbol.

As I know, NO PLC can save comments and symbol tables within the PLC`s memory; just program code. Maybe there is some of PLC can do this, but I never meet one.
Regards from Kuwait!

save

hello misamark,

e.g. in the GE Fanuc RX3i its possible to save all data. comments, symbol table, additional files (*.doc, *.xls...)

Thanks SPS-Concept!

I did not know that; I have never seen this PLC; seems V good! But, memory inside all PLC is MORE THAN ENOUGH to store all this data; I`m sure; but this seems to be some kind of protection of authors e.g. OEM ? Seems like that?

Regards