intouch question.

ason

Hey i have bean looking on a intouch application that i we have on a production line, it´s 4 siemens s7-300 on the line and 2 PC that runs intouch.

on them we have a red box that flash when we got alarm.
that i wanna do is, when we got newalarm i wanna set a bit in a db on plc_1

how can i do that?
in the project file i can see that it´s the string $NewAlarm that make it flash.
i think that i need to make a new tag dictionary that´s writes to plc_1
and if so how chould it look like?

but do i need to make a new script condition?

well, im new on intouch and willing to learn :D

The WonderWare should only be mirroring what the PLC is already telling it. The alarm bits should already be available in the PLC.

When you create the WonderWare tags to look at the PLC, one of the options is to tell it that the tag is an alarm when ON, when OFF, when change, etc. Those are the things that $NewAlarm is generated from. $NewAlarm will go off when the new alarm is ACKnowledged.

So... the final answer to your question is that your alarm bits (probably) already exist in your PLC(s). You just need to go into the PLC and write the code to watch for a new alarm.

Though you can write a condition script in WonderWare to set a bit when $NewAlarm is on, I don't recommend doing that. The PC that WonderWare is running on is the weakest link in your system. It is not recommended to actually do control functions in WonderWare because the computer can lock up, crash, fail,... It is always best to do those sorts of things directly in the PLC.

Thanks for the fast answer, the function that i wanna do is to set an output on one plc and use it for a summa alarm, and if i get it wrong sometime it´snt any big deal.
i got alot of alarm that sets in db´s on the 4 PLC´s that the intouch reads.
and to make it in the PLC´s i was thinking in first place a big job, first colect al alarms on the 4 plc and then connect it to on lamp,

so the first i was think on was to use $newalarm (no need to colect every alarm, got them there)
and then write to one plc, so no much wiring then.

or is there any other bright way to do this :oops:

and if not, im wanna know in witch way i need to do this with $NewAlarm
and write a bit in a db on plc_1 that it calls in intouch.

Then I would recommend making a Condition Script with Condition $NewAlarm.

You will first need to make a I/O Discrete tag in WonderWare to plc_1 -- let's call it new_alarm. Assign new_alarm to a the bit you want to use in plc_1.

Now back to your condition script. On the condition type: ON TRUE, you'll put the following line:

Code:
new_alarm = 1;

Then in the ON FALSE condition type, put the following line:

Code:
new_alarm = 0;

Then you'll need to write the code in the PLC to turn on your light. I'm not familiar with S7 to be able to tell you exactly how to do that, but this will work in the WonderWare.

Thanks now we are talking (y)

the tagline i think i got right, and i can handle the s7 part also,
it´s the scripting thing,

I dont have intouch here at home, but remeber that it´s a row in top, is´t there i should put the Condition "$NewAlarm".

and it was a puldown menu for ON TRUE

and in the box down in the window is for, new_alarm = 1;

Thanks for the help, trying one more time to install it at home, i dont get the windowmaker to start in right way..

Good Night..

Yes, Markus - that is all correct.

After you do the ON TRUE, then change it to ON FALSE and put in the new_alam = 0; line. Then verify, save, ...

:site: Thanks again for the help, i have it up and working now.

i didnt need to make a new tag dictionary there was alot of them named like
"DB_2B6" and it was to PLC_1 and on the item: DB2,B6
and etc. for alot of DB and different PLC´s

i had DB2.DBX6.5 Free on PLC_1 and first i didnt know if i needed to make a new tag
with item: DB2,B6.05 so it know to write to right bit,
but every other tag was like item: DB2,B6 and they handle bits in the PLC

so i tryied to make a new condition like we was talked about

ontrue
DB2,B6.05=1
onfalse
DB2,B6.05=0

did write to the right place,

now i have some other stuff to change, so alot of things to learn 🤞🏻

🍻 Happy new Year to everyone...

Congrats, Markus!! I'm glad it's working for you.

And thanks for the reply back! Many times, when a question is asked, we never hear back when it does work, so we don't know...

Yes, there's lots to learn, but you'll do well -- try things, then if it doesn't work, ask. There is a lot of good experience here that is ready to be shared!

Happy New Year! (Gott nytt еr!)