Obsolete ControlLogix Tags

ControlLogix

Hi guys and gals,

I have approximately 30 ControlLogix PLCs and 10 guys making modifications to the programs on a daily basis. From time to time tags have been created for one reason or another and later on(days or months) the tag becomes obsolete due to the ladder code been deleted.

Now to my problem, is there any way that one can get a list of all the unused tags so that they can be removed. I know that this is nit-picking stuff but I hate to have stuff lying around that ain't doing anything!

Thanks,

ControlLogix

I heard about a bug last year in Rev 8.02 of ControlLogix that could potentially cut communications to the processor while deleting tags online (there were a few other conditions that had to be simultaneously true... it was a weird bug). If you're running V10 or later it won't affect you, but it's worth being forewarned.

If you do a maintenance upload/delete unused tags/download of the project it won't happen even in 8.02.

Hi guys,

I have just read your replies to my question and am feeling rather small right now! Oops! There was a solution in front of me the whole time.

Thanks for the feedback.