Siemens PLC Analog Test Pot

strebej

I hope you guy's can help me out with this one:

I'm trying to build a analog test/calabrator meter. I will be assembling this portable test case that I can use in the field. I'm trying to figure out how I can test Siemens Analog IN/OUT PLC moduals using the output channel to feed into the input channel on the same modual. I then would like to be able to adjust/trim the signal and have a readout in the portable case. If you refer to the attached drawing you will see I have a start but I need your help...
My question is this:

1. Will this current circuit work?

2. I would like to use two (2) ea. Potentiometers one being the main adjust and the scecond being the trim adjust. How would I connect the second Pot?.

3.What should the OHM ratings for the Pots be?. I was thinking of using 5k for main and 1k for trim.

4.Where should the 4-20mA panel meter tie into this circuit at?

Am I the only one who cannot see your attached file?

As for your questions, I have done something similar using GE genius bus analogue blocks and a series six PLC, where I fed the analogue out back into the analogue input. I used the PLC to adjust the output current/voltage. This worked fine for me, I have not tried it using Siemens (yet).
When I can see your drawing I might be able to give a more specific answer

Paul

Ok while I was posting you submitted your other post, so ignore this one

Last edited: