Siemens PLC Analog Test Pot 2

strebej

Sorry about my last post my file was to large and did not go through. I have shrunk the file and it should now be attached....

I hope you guy's can help me out with this one:

I'm trying to build a analog test/calibrator meter. I will be assembling this portable test case that I can use in the field. I'm trying to figure out how I can test Siemens Analog IN/OUT PLC modules using the output channel to feed into the input channel on the same modules. I then would like to be able to adjust/trim the signal and have a readout in the portable case. If you refer to the attached drawing you will see I have a start but I need your help...
My question is this:

1. Will this current circuit work?

2. I would like to use two (2) ea. Potentiometers one being the main adjust and the second being the trim adjust. How would I connect the second Pot?.

3.What should the OHM ratings for the Pots be?. I was thinking of using 5k for main and 1k for trim.

4.Where should the 4-20mA panel meter tie into this circuit at?

When reviewing the attached file please insure that the view is set to 100%. "I was have some issues with this"

testpot.jpg

Strebej

I am a bit confused here, what are you wanting to test? is it the voltage outputs/inputs or the current inputs/outputs. I would guess that you are trying to measure the current outputs, hence your mA meter.

One point, if my memory serves me correctly, the terminals shown on your drawing (2 and 3, 18 and 19) are 0 - 10v ouputs/inputs not current I/O's. The current ones are 3 and 4, 17 and 18.

If I am wrong on this then please put me right, but as it stands I cannot fully understand what you are trying to do.

Paul

Let him play

Sure, it would be cheaper and easier. But where is the fun in that? By bothering to design, build and test this setup, this guy is really showing that he is interested in this and wants to learn all he can. Its one thing to just check stuff. This guy has creative juices flowing.