1756 eweb - chart script

DanWard

I am trying to write a script for a 1756 eweb to chart downtime with a time stamp, I am trying to log daily downtime on a power chain. I need the chart to show a 8+ hour run.Is anyone doing anything like this...?

The EWEB can't execute scripts based off of events. A PC would have to poll the EWEB to do this or the Controllogix would have to log the data for later viewing. I would prefer the second method.

Either is do able. Which way you want to go?

Thanks, I got with a networking guy who wrote me a script. im not executing based off events, im using a server side script and viewing a log.asp file in xml. it views as a chart recorder showing me two states with a time stamp. Im not sure how it all works im not into java or xml, I write code. I did not have to do anything with code. I gave him the address and tag and he gave me the script, I ftp the script to the eweb card and all works great... Thanks.

TWControls said:
The EWEB can't execute scripts based off of events. A PC would have to poll the EWEB to do this or the Controllogix would have to log the data for later viewing. I would prefer the second method.

Either is do able. Which way you want to go?

I spoke with a AB tech support, after speaking with several techs I finaly got someone who knows the card well, the eweb card is a server, and with proper scripting will execute scripts based off events. Ab does not support java. but they do offer a server side tool kit that helps if you dont know java. you really need someone who can write java code.

I like it, I use it so all of our managers can monitor floor production numbers in their office at the click of a mouse. its that or print a crystal report, I have about 20 pages on it, it emails downtime reports and trends. I am reading tags from about 50 plc's both ethernet and DH+. CONS-the more you give the ops managers the more they want..PROS-keeps them off the floor...

Yes the more you get the more they want

But don't forget about maintenance. If you have a wireless network you can use the EWEB with Wireless Palm Pilots for diagnostics instead of having to run and get the laptop