Siemens PLC and OPC

Amit k

hi all,
i'll explain first my network
I have 2 semens PLC on ethernet and which are using same OPC server PC and that PC also has another Ethernet connection so that it can communicate on another plant network with DCS server (Honeywell EPKS) so that EPKS can read alarm and events from Siemens OPC Server.
now here is my question which OPC software shoud i use for more conviance so that i can exchange data with DCS server also here i want to mention DCS server is only reading data from OPC server and no write action from DCS. we can say OPC is acting as gateway between DCS server and field data. i know wonderware is one option for me but i m not sure that i can communicate with EPKS by using wonderware so can any one suggest me which OPC software is sutable for me and for such application.

thanks.

Last edited:
Simatic Net (PC Station) should work fine. It will run in the background on your server. Simiens may have a Lite version for about $500 that has limited number of PLCs and Tags, but should be prenty for you.

hi RRobbins

Thanks but can Simatic Net will communicate with Honeywell EPKS server i really try to find this. From where i can get detalil information for Simatic Net. I tried on siemens site but because of no knowledge abt it i fail to find perfect information but i found wonder ware will work as per my requirment but if u tell more abt simatic Net i'll be thank full to u.

hi

thanks for ur help but just now i call at siemens support here in korea so he told me that i can use simatic Net and he is going to help me. thanks for ur kind support.