Protool screen number

Werner

I want to display a page specific text on each screen. So I need to know the active screen number. With this number I know which text to display on a MP370.

Now I got it working with the screen number area pointer. Unfortunately I need to communicatie the screen number to the plc. Then create a tag in the display that reads the screen number from the plc. With this tag I display a page specific text.

In the plc I don't need to know which page of the display is currently active. So is there a way to keep the screen number tag as an internal tag. (Not attached to a controller) (Without the screen number area pointer?).

Maybe I can use a script that runs every time a page change is done?

Any tips are welcome

I dont thinks its possible you have to transfer the screen number to the controller and then read it back. It dont know any way to do this with a script but if you dont have to many pictures there is a function that executes every time you enter or leave a screen maybe you can use this. Right click on the screen select properties and functions.

So easy with flex , with no bother , may possible in protool , jesper will know:-

in flex

Create a script and name it
Set sn = HmiRuntime.Screens("OverView").ScreenItems("text field")
// you are going to create a text field and paste it into the screen template - then it will be part of every screen . the text field can contain anything inside < > eg <any text>

If HmiRuntime.BaseScreenName = ("001_MAIN") Then
sn.Text = "my text"
End If

copy it as necessary for screens

then to device-scheduler and create a new event , name it whatever you want , then select the event to be "on screen change" - go down a bit and call the script name as the event action

This will put your specified text in the text box dependent on screen - without reference to the PLC

Since my name was mentioned....

10baseT's method cannot be used with Protool because you dont have access to the basic screen elements in the same way as in Flexible.

For Protool, like Bratt suggests:
For each screen, add the function Set_Value with the trigger "Generate Screen". Let the value be the same as the screen number.
edit: The tag that is written to can be an internal tag. I think that this is what Werner specifically asks about.

You can definitely make a text list, but then you will have to define the texts in all languages. I think to remember that this is what Werner wants to avoid.

I think you can create a STRING tag and then write the desired text in a script to the tag. Wether the STRING tag has to be in the PLC or if it can be an internal tag I dont know. In this way the text will be the same in all languages.

Then add the script to the system event "Changing Screens": Under System .. Functions ..

Last edited: