SLC 5/05 ethernet

maxcastaneda

Hi guys!

Any of you has succesfully communicate AB slc 5/05 using the ethernet port with VB.NET or VB6?

We created a driver for comunicate with the serial port using the DF1 protocol in VB.net, but with ethernet port, the things seem to be different.

Do anyone have experiemce with this?

Thank you.

Last edited:
I have been looking into this and hope to write an open source driver over the next 6 months.

I have found that two protocols exists on the 5/05. One is supposedly a DF1 protocol wrapped in a TCP packet. The other is based on the CIP protocol or Ethernet/IP.

I found a document on www.odva.org that explains the protocol concept. It will clearly be no easy task to implement the protocol from their documentation. The document is not even the latest, apparently they want a good chunk of money for the latest version.

If you get any better information or care to share source code I would be very interested.

I have several programs communicating between the SLC505 and VB6.
I use a software package from Automated Solutions for my drivers.

This driver also works with the CompactLogic L35E and the ControlLogix ENBT module.

Mark Buskell said:
I have several programs communicating between the SLC505 and VB6.
I use a software package from Automated Solutions for my drivers.

This driver also works with the CompactLogic L35E and the ControlLogix ENBT module.

I have done this using delphi to PLC5, SLC5/05 and MLX 1500 on a NET ENI quite successfully using the Automated solutions activeX package.