SLC to Logix5000 comms

pablo2000

Hi guys,

I'm trying to set up a development rig mirroring the plant setup, where there is communication between SLC 5/05 and Logix5555 controllers using a typed read from the Logix5555 with the CIP protocol over Ethernet. The development rig PLCs have different IP addresses to the plant PLCs. I downloaded the field programs to the dev. rig controllers and thought I could just change the IP address in the MSG command setup. However, the MSG command is showing an error (ER bit). There are three digits before the IP address in the comms path of the MSG command. They are 1, 1, 2 then the IP address. Are these numbers significant?

Thanks.

Yes they are important. They show where te message is comming from. 1,1,2 states that go across the back[lane, to the local comm module on slot 1, go out to the ControlNet port. This is from publication 1756-RM003H-EN-P page 3-27.

Darrell