Omron #3G2C7-LK201-EV1, Host Link Unit

rlmuirhead

I have a project to replace an old Omron #3G2C7CPU74E unit with a newer type. The equipment is still in operation. I have no documents or drawings so I want to upload the existing program to a laptop then program the same Ladder sequence for newer processor.

I have never used the host link device and am concerned about accidently causing a fault once I install the host link unit.

Am I being to concerned? I see there are switch setting for Run/Stop on the Host Link. Does this actually put the PLC in Run/Stop mode?

Any advice would be welcomed.

An old C20! Have not seen one for years. There will not be a lot of program in there - they did not store much.

The run/program switch only operates if power is cycled with the host link attached. Otherwise it has no effect.

Set the CTS switch to 0V.

I have my host link switches set as
Switch 1
All off - last one on.
Switch 2
on-off-on with the rest off
Switch 3
on and all others off.

You will need Syswin and an Omron specific cable. You will find the cable here
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?download=74

Have not tried myself, but from CX-Programmer V7.0 on it should be possible to upload a program from the C20, and convert it to CJ/CS/CP series CPU.

screencap0006yz7.jpg

A program stored in a C500/C120/C**P PLC can be uploaded and converted to a CS/CJ/CP Series program or CVM1/CV Series PLC program. If an instruction’s specifications are different, a comment is displayed to alert the user of the differences when the program is converted. To convert a program, select Tools – C500/C120/CxxP Support – Online PLC Program Conversion.
Program and I/O memory data (DM and HR) stored in a C500/C120/C**P PLC can be backed up. Later, the backed up program and I/O memory data can be restored to a C500/C120/C**P PLC. To backup or restore the data, select Tools – C500/C120/CxxP Support – Backup from PLC or Tools – C500/C120/CxxP Support – Restore to PLC. Program and I/O memory data (DM and HR) stored in a specified file can be compared to the program and I/O memory data (DM and HR) in a C500/C120/C**P PLC. To compare the data, select Tools – C500/C120/CxxP Support – Compare PLC and file.

See attachment from CXP Help.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I'll have to give it a try soon.

My main concern was that I would attach the host link to the PLC an cause the equipment to shutdown due to PLC fault or stop command.

Again Thanks.

There does not appear to be support there for the C20 or CxxK series. Have not tried though.

BobB said:
There does not appear to be support there for the C20 or CxxK series. Have not tried though.

According to the help file there is for the C20, don't know about the CxxK. Wasn't CxxK similar to CxxP only Japanese ?

The source and destination devices are as follows.

The source: C500/C120/C20/C28/C40/C60P
The destination: CS1G-H/CJ1G-H/CS1H-H/CJ1H-H/CS1D-H/CJ1M/CP1H/CVM1-V2

Interesting there is no destination for CPM1A - much more suitable for replacement of C20. i did not go to the help file just the drop down box in CX-P.

The "P" was Japanese I think but both "P" & "K" were available in Ozz - I sold them both.

I think this is because perhaps the CP1H will become the sucessor for CPM series.
In the near future a light CPU version of the CP1 will be released.

Does anyone have a host link module for sale?, the 3G2C7-LK201.

I´m from Costa Rica, my company represents OMRON here but we don´t have this module, some clients use the C20, C28K, etc and we need this modules for backups and for uploading programs

Could you please help me!!!...

In the near future a light CPU version of the CP1 will be released.
It will have to be cheap. The CPM1A and 2A are far too expensive quite frankly - and so are the CPM1A modules you have to use with the CP1H!

OMRON c20 & LK201

I have downloaded/uploaded many times to the c28k c60k c200 c200h and such....it should not cause a fault. This trickis to make sure the LK201 has all the dip switches set correctly. I Have and Extra 3G2C7-LK201-EV1 that I will sell....don't really know what it is worth...make an offer.