S7-200 communication with Lenze Drive Series 9300

djpalaz

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody knows how an S7-200 can communicate with two Lenze Drives Series 9300? Communication through modbus, profibus, etc... and not digital I/O's or analog signals.

More info

These are the Fieldbus modules, that work with the Lenze Drive would ModBus work with one of these modules.​
2102 LECOM-A/B/LI

–​
2111 INTERBUS

–​
2112 INTERBUS loop

–​
2131 PROFIBUS-DP and 2133 PROFIBUS-DP

–​
2174 CAN addressing module

–​
2175 DeviceNet / CANopen
As per our last machine we built, our client sent us profibus modules at the time we just use analog signals to send a reference speed. However we would like to communicate with the drive this time using the PLC. As far as I know the S7-300 can be master on profibus network however it has been already been specified that we are to use an S7-200. The S7-200 can only be a slave on profibus network. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hello djpalaz;
You are right, the S7-200 EM277 can only be a slave on Profibus-DP, and I can't find any data on drivers for the other protocols you mention.
Since you are stuck with the S7-200 (very good PLC by the way, but limited in memory and performance) you could look at a gateway, such as this one:
http://www.duranmatic.nl/nieuw/Groep1/brochures/Renu/gatewayfamily.pdf
It supports S7-200 serial to DeviceNet, could be of some use.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

TP177B Profibus Master

Hey All,

Does anyone know how to configure a TP177B PN/DP to be a Master on Profibus network?