Looking for a S7 programmer fluent in German and English

allscott

This year we have have 4 machines that we need to modify the PLC code in. 3 of them are S7 300, one is an S7 400. I would classigy the machines as reasonably complex but not very big (approx 100 I/O, several drives and a couple HMI's each)

I am confident enough in my Siemens skills to be able to do the programming changes myself but unfortunately all of the existing code documentation is in German.

What I would like to do is send the programs to someone who is technically fluent in both English and German and familliar with Siemens step7 and have them send me back an English equivalent. I know that there are translator services available but I am looking for someone technical who would know the difference between a limit switch and a selector switch and be able to translate accuately.

Does anyone know of a company that would perform such a service? We would be willing to deal with an individual as well and could work out some sort of creative payment.

I can be reached via PM if someone wants to remain annonymnous.

I dont want to be rude to you zimbo but the irony of your post did make me laugh.

You are offering a translation service and get a common word wrong.
Please dont take offence, it just made me laugh thats all :) :)

Goody said:
I dont want to be rude to you zimbo but the irony of your post did make me laugh.

You are offering a translation service and get a common word wrong.
Please dont take offence, it just made me laugh thats all :) :)

How ambarrassing! :oops:
Believe it or not ... it was just a typo. o_O

First, last, or just can do...RMA we know can do. I will throw myself into this job too. My speech is terrible but reading and writing I can do the job with very negotiable terms.

Thank you for all of the responses. Between the thread and the PM's I have received it looks like there are plenty of people able to do the job. My biggest problem might be who to choose!

I need to spend some time assembling the documentation that we do have. We have CD's and floppies for these programs all over the place. I am still fairly new here so I want to get this all together and make sure I am dealing with the latest programs etc... before proceeding.

I will be in touch when I am ready to go with this, again thanks.