OT: SSD Drives

My company is now offering some of our industrial PC's with solid-state drive options. They're a lot smaller than the vanguard product you linked to (4 and 8 GB) but make the display-less PC's nearly indestructible. For mining, metals, and forestry equipment this could be a great tool. I am selling them mostly into mobile mining gear. You can load "Windows XP Professional for Solid-State Drives" into about 1.7 GB.

A $600-$1000 price premium that would put a consumer device way out of reach is feasible in an industrial device where a few minutes of downtime prevention is worth that much.

Yes, not only can it be used, but it already is, just smaller versions.
Siemens has a range of PCs with no moving parts, which you can load on Win AC to turn it into a soft PLC.
Advantech and other manufacturers also offer solid state hard drives. So far, the biggest that I have been offered was 4GB, which is plenty for most industrial applications without too much data logging. 32GB would be very nice.