WinCC v6 with PC-Adapter ???

ElectroSeb

Hello,

I know that i can connect a PC with WinCC Flexible to my S7-300 plc by using a Serial PC Adapter.
My question is, it is possible with WinCC v6.0 SP3 ?
If possible how to do this ?

Thank you for your help.

Sébastien.

ElectroSeb said:
Hello,

I know that i can connect a PC with WinCC Flexible to my S7-300 plc by using a Serial PC Adapter.
My question is, it is possible with WinCC v6.0 SP3 ?
If possible how to do this ?

Thank you for your help.

Sébastien.

Sébastien;

Do you mean Protool v6.0 SP3?

both... wincc and protool should communicate over your MPI connection (with no dependency of it's kind ... pc adapter/ cp6511/ ts adapter) if target unit is equipped with an MPI connector and is supported by your software...

btw... protool 6.0 is sometimes necessary to use with simple rs-232 null modem cable ...

Hello,

I don't think WinCC appear as adapter in "PG/PC Interface Settings" in control Panel but that's ok i've tried today and i had just to select "MPI (WinCC) -> PC Adapter (MPI)" and it work perfect.

Thank you.

Sébastien.

Dear All

I've software of the ProTool V6.0 SP3 & the Program & I want to download that program to OP17.All I want to know that the Pin Assignment of the cable that will be connected between the RS232 in PC & the OP17.Forgive me
to ask this simple question,but I'm new in that field...Many thanks

Hello makas11;
here is a pinout diagam for the 15-pin port of vthe OP17 (from the Simatic HMI OP7, OP17 Operator Panel Equipment Manual, available on the Siemens support website):
OP17_connections2.jpg

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

P.S. If you start a new post, you increase your chances of rapid answers. D. C.