Double quotes in a string in InTouch

ettikudiappan

Hi

I want add a double quote in a string without using the function
StringChar(34). Is it possible? I have dozens of strings to be sent to an external application and each string contains atleast six double quotes. This makes using StringChar function a big mess. The code also is currently unreadable.

I presume that you're using StringChar(34) in a script. I can think of two ways:

1.This only works in scripts: At the start of a script, define a local variable and assign StringChar(34) to it. Then use that local variable as needed.

2. This works everywhere: Why not define a Memory Message tag that's retenitive and put the double quote in it as the initial value? Name the tag QQ. Then use QQ where a StringChar(34) is needed, anywhere you can put a tag name.

Dave