produced and consumed tags RS5000

dgreen8281

I am fairly new to Controllogix and RS5000. I have seen programs where they use produced and consumed tags. It seems that this would be easier than using messages but I do not understand how to get the configuration into the menu. Does the PC need to be attached to the network? I tried reading all I could in AB tech site but cannot find a way. Any help appreciated.

You need to set the path for what protocol you are going to use produce consume tags. If it's an ENBT card add the other ENBT card of the rack you want to connect to in your I/O config. Then add in the remote rack's PLC (slot # and name) CNet is a bit harder in that you have to set up the controlnet nodes and then schedule the tags you are produce/consuming with RSNetworx. Do a search in this forum. There are lots of good examples on how to set this up.

BTW I see that I am local to you.

Here's a simple example of 2 plc's connected by ENBT cards

example_enbt.JPG