SLC 5/05 & 0.001 time base

seneal

Started a new job using RSLogix 500 Starter. I want to use a 0.001 time base on a ton, but comes up with won't work on this processor (5/04 or 5/04). I swear when I used the Standard version of RSLogix I could use that time base on both processors. Is it my bad memory or is it the Starter version? If it's not the software, what processor can use the 0.001 time base ... it's obviously an option?
Thanks seneal

The 1 millisecond timebase was added to the MicroLogix 1500 controller. I think the 1200 (and maybe the 1100) support it too.

But the modular SLC-5/0x still use the 1/100 and 1 second timebases for regular timers.

There have been some timestamp/rolling timebase enhancements on the modular SLC's but the ordinary timers are still ordinary timers.

Is this a new project?

The price difference between a Micrologix 1500 or 1200 and a SLC 5/04 will pay for an upgrade from Logix500 starter to RSLogix500 Standard several times over. If its a new project I would seriously consider using a Micrologix processor.

Where is Utah are you located?

Thanks, I guess I was thinking of RSLogix 5000. I would like to upgrade to Standard version but my boss can't see it. Also I'm in West Jordan, Utah.

It will be about $600 to $700 to upgrade from Starter to Standard. If this is a new project then a ML1200 or ML1500 + the upgrade from starter to standard will still be a lot less money than a 5/04 processor. Are you using the DH+ on the 5/04? Otherwise, I'm not sure why you would use a 5/04 processor with only starter edition anyways. It seems a waste as you can't do online programming with Starter edition.

PS: Check your private messages folder.

Yeah, I hate not having online editing. I drives me crazy having to on and off line to make changes. We use the 50/4 because that is what they've been using for ever. I've brought up that the 50/4 is pricey, but ...