False Alarms on EZP-S8C-F

jgreenewv

Lifetime Supporting Member
FYI, I've posted this in the forums at EZAutomation, as well as speaking with their tech support, and have gotten NO help with this issue. Thought I'd drop it over here and see if anyone has any ideas.

I have a system that's been out in the field for almost two years now. It has an EZP-S8C-F touch screen with an EZP-ETHERNET Ethernet adapter card. Every so often, they get a bunch of false alarms that last for one second. There doesn't appear to be any particular pattern to the alarms. Has anyone seen something like this before? The EZP-ETHERNET is connected to an H2-ECOM through an Ethernet switch, but they are the only two devices on the switch right now.

The EZP is programmed with multiple alarms, such as low tank level, pump fail, etc. When the false alarms are triggered, usually ALL of the programmed alarms show up. Sometimes only a few of the alarms are activated, but like I said, it's usually ALL of them.

I've changed around the program, upgraded the firmware, and no luck so far. This is the only EZP I purchased directly from EZAutomation, and personally, it probably the ONLY one I'll ever purchase. The customer is getting rightly annoyed, and I'm about ready to yank it and put in a C-more.

Thanks.

Never had much luck with EZ products especially one that have been in use in the field for awhile. My suggestion would be to upgrade to something reliable.

That's what it's beginning to look like. I have a customer that had an older EZTouch purchased through AutomationDirect. We took over maintenance of their system, and it seemed to work OK. When this project came up, EZAutomation had just started to sell direct, and they were offering deals, so I decided to order one from them to try out. It's been nothing but a headache since. I've pretty much decided to yank this thing and put in a C-more. This just annoys me to no end.