Panel View Display and Downloading

mjkoc518

I currently wrote display for a PV 550 touch. The PV already has diplay and logic tagged to it. For the screen that I am adding I needed to change the x and y grid for some displays to fit. By doing this, am I causing conflict with the display that was already present?

Also, it has been a while since I performed a download to a PV. The PV that I am downloading to pretty much runs 24/7 without a down time window. By downloading, is my 5/04 going to drop out of run mode and disable our production?

Thank You Very Much..............

1) The touch grid is fixed, you really cant change that, so there should be no problems.

2) Depending on the model of the PV, and the terminal settings, you may have a serious problem with a download, in that the default configuration (and only configuration for some models), the PV will overwrite analog tags in the PLC based on the PV Initial Value.

So, while the PLC probably won't drop out of run mode, it might have it's current setpoints over-written, which is usually disasterous.

Check the "Application Settings" dialog box, the 'Power-Up' tab. Make sure 'Write to Controller on Startup' is UNchecked (if possible).