Logicmaster 6

aeonderdonk

I am trying to run LM6 on an old PC and every time i try to load it there is a endless flurry of ascii characters that locks up the pc. I have included ansi.sys in the config.sys file and it has not solved the problem.

any other advice?

I am running all this on DOS v4.01. The config.sys and ansi.sys files are both in the root directory of C:\. I have tried pointing to ansi.sys by path and by file name.

I tried running the program off the disc, as an install, and it still does the ascii storm. Maybe my version is corrupt?

Why don't you post "exactly" what you have, maybe someone will spot the problem. Include Drives, autoexec.bat config.sys and anything else.

buffers=5
files=20
device=ansi.sys

i have also tried

buffers=5
files=20
device=c:\ansi.sys

autoexec.bat does not run lm6, i am making it a manual call

Please post the contents of your autoexec.bat file. It could be changing things so that the config.sys that you have been modifying doesn't get run.

There is a way to force DOS to boot step-by-step so that you can see if there are any errors in the startup files. Off the top of my head I can't remember what you need to do to force it. You could try googling for websites related to DOS to see if they can provide some pointers.

Your ansi.sys file may be corrupted. Do you have a DOS boot disk with config.sys and ansi.sys on it? If so, boot to that and then try switching to the C: drive and running Logicmaster.

right now all my autoexec.bat file has is

PROMPT $P$G

and thats it.

Just copied config.sys and ansi.sys files from elsewhere, and still nothing working.

What version of Logicmaster are you running?

The following is from the readme.lm6 file for LM6 v4.04

Logicmaster 6 requires at a minimum the following commands in the CONFIG.SYS file:
buffers=5
files=20
device=ansi.sys (%gansi.sys in older versions of Logicmaster 6)

Might you need the file %gansi.sys instead of ansi.sys?

LM6 Blues

Are you using parallel port or serial port for programming? The parallel port had some special parallel card for the logic master programmer which was an IBM personal computer in a suitcase. I think I might have a serial version LM6 kicking around here in the shop. You want I should configure a laptop w/dos and LM6 for you or something?