WWIntouch don´t write and don´t read from PLC

Leonardo10

Hi All

I have installed my PC, WWIntouch 9.5,RS logix 5,OPC LINK 8,
RS emulate and RSlinx 2.43.

Well, I build a simple ladder in Rslogix 5 and i run RS Emulate 5 putting processor in Online
Everything well until here.I created one topic OPC on RS LINX and too I created some buttons (i/o discrets)on Intouch 9.5.

Problem is that I don´t get read and not write to PLC!

OPCDataControl(SoftwaretoolBox) read and write on PLC pefectly !

Any help will wellcome !

Make sure you select DDE instead of suitelink in your Intouch Access Name configuration. You should be able to make it work without OPCLink by using RSLink as the application name. If you are using OPCLink, I believe you have to have a prefix i, m, d, etc. in front of each item name.

doug2 said:
Just curious why did you buy linx instead of using the free dasabcip ?

Probably so he can use RSLogix to monitor. I'm not sure if any of the IO server from WW will work with RSEmulate. DASABCIP is for the ControlLogix platform.

Your right Ive only used it with clx. Went back to the dasabcip manual and plc5 and slc are only accessable with dasabcip through a clx bridge. sorry for the confussion.

Thanks All

WWIntouch now write and read in PLC 5 emulator. I believe that OPClink don´t was setup to start as service. OPClink is working with Suitelink.