fuzzy controller

nur

hello.i've to do a project that required me to build a fuzzy controller by using OMRON plc CQM1H.how to use fuzzy rules in the plc?i need ur advices..

Oh no!!!! YAFC ( yet another fuzzy controller )

You are not the first to ask about implement fuzzy logic in ladder. I think only on person has made fuzzy logic work ( Ashwin ) and that was on a Control Logix. Even then he complained that the Control Logix was slow.
Search this site for the user named Ashwin and for the topic of fuzzy logic.

Warning! Warning! Warning!
Don't do it because it is a waste of time.
This sounds like a student project.
Ladder is NOT the language to use to implement fuzzy logic.

If you must follow the path of hype then try this

http://ffll.sourceforge.net/downloads.htm
Free software but it is in C and not ladder as it should be.

http://www.aaai.org/AITopics/html/fuzzy.html
More information for your misguided adventure.

If you must do this on a PLC then use structured text.
Better yet, don't use a PLC and get a small microncontroller evaluation kit where you can use C code.

Now answer this. Why bother? Don't say because it is the assignment. I would fail you for accepting the assignment. Even if you could implement the fuzzy logic in ladder that doesn't mean you should. Who would use it? How would one set it up? What about an operator interface for the fuzzy logic?

You have been warned. Give yourself a reason as to why you should continue this project.

tq..

thanx for ur comments.actually it is my final year project.that is my project scope for doing it using ladder diagram.so,i have to do it.but..i don't know what is the operator interface that i have to use for fuzzy.anyway,thanx a lot for ur concern..

Omron have a Fuzzy card that works in with analogue input and output cards but only for the CS1 or C200H Alpha type PLCs. It works really well - implemented it years ago in a C200H Alpha PLC for crane swing control. The PLC was not very quick but the Fuzzy card did all the wrok with it's own processor from analogue inputs and driving analogue outputs.
Beats the heck out of re-inventing the wheel.

PRV is a high speed counter read instruction. You really need to look it up in the manual. Basically the 1st parameter (P) is the port number, the 2nd (C) is the control data (type of data), and D is the destination of the data.