Control Logix PI block

russrmartin

Hello all. I've got an application where I'd like to use a PI block in control logix to control the % output of a drive. This will be my first attempt, and there are several values and terms of this block that I am unfamiliar with.

First off, the Wld option. According to the description this is: The lead frequency in radians per second. It affects the integral control algorithm.

My question is, how does it affect it? This is my main question. I was expecting to be able to set my process and control variables and start playing with proportional and integral gains. Before I do anything, I'd like to have a better understanding of how this block works. Any input is welcome.

Russ

I've used this block extensively for dancer control and web tension control. It makes life easy (well, easier).

From other experimenting I've done, Wld can be set to the inverse of seconds/repeat. ISA standard term is minutes/repeat, so convert to seconds and take the inverse (repeats/second).