Siemens S5

Freak

Hi All,
I am extremly unfamiliar with Siemens S7 and even worse with S5. Can you still get new S5 cards? I am after an analogue input and output.
Do siemens still manufacture S5 components?

Cheers

Hello Freak;

Hrere is what Siemens' website has to say about this:

Internet document Summary

The supply of SIMATIC S5 products will be discontinued in long steps. To provide our customers with accurate data for their planning, we have devised the following schedule:

The mini PLCs S5-90U, S5-95U/F, S5-100U will be declared mature products as per 1.10.2003 .

The affected products will then be removed from the catalog and the Mall, but will remain available on a regular basis for one more year, i.e. until 30.9.2004.

The S5-115U system will be declared a mature product as per 1.10.2004

The large S5-135/155U systems will be declared mature products as per 1.10.2005

One year later each product will then reach spare part status and remain available in this form for 9 more years.

As part of our spare part committment we shall ensure that electronic components will be available in sufficient quantity over the the full period of the committment. Our regional support centers throughout the world and our central Hotlines are available to support you in the migration to SIMATIC S7.

More information on the Internet, German <http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/de/16612444>

More information on the Internet, English <http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/16612444>

Entry ID:13266996 Date:11/04/2002

Look in the More Informatuion link for a list of spare parts available for your S5 PLC family; to my experience, these Siemens spare parts will cost you an arm and a leg, but they are still under warranty --can't say that about modules you can find on E-Bay...
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited:
Hi Freak!

About S5: I have some good parts, removed from one the machines here im my factory; these are S5-115; If you need some of this parts I can ask here to send it to you. It is little far from here, but if you like it, it is possible to send.

Regards, MisaMark