Something about Mitsubishi FX2N programming

flyers

Hi guys,

I've just got a software & FX2N mitsubishi PLC today, I'm trying to get familiar with the s/w environment.

1) I'm trying to create a counter and a timer, but I can't find the timer symbol at the top of the software, where it is hiding?

2) I try to program by typing the instruction (like AB ASCII format), Input contact i type LD X0, output I type OUT Y0, but I can't type connter or timer, anyone knows what's the correct code?

M1.JPG

In ladder mode use the output symbol (F7).

For the address type the timer or counter you want to use, then a space then the value you want to enter. For example to use counter 3 with a preset value of 5 it would be C3 K5.

In instruction list it would be:
OUT C3 K5

Potter said:
In ladder mode use the output symbol (F7).

For the address type the timer or counter you want to use, then a space then the value you want to enter. For example to use counter 3 with a preset value of 5 it would be C3 K5.

In instruction list it would be:
OUT C3 K5

Potter,

Thanks a lot, i got it ;)

Hi,

1) May I ask, how can I create another subroutine, referring to the attached picture, I've a MAIN routine, I want to add another Alarm routine.

2) Do I need to use a JUMP to subroutine if I have 2 or more routines? (AB RSLogix 500 needs that).

Thank you.
M2.JPG

504bloke said:
Its not possible.

Confusing huh! I love GX Developer :)

Huh!!? You serious? Even Micrologix 1000 got diff subroutines assigned.

So I have to chunk the few hundred lines of code in a main ladder only??

flyers said:
Huh!!? You serious? Even Micrologix 1000 got diff subroutines assigned.

So I have to chunk the few hundred lines of code in a main ladder only??

He is.
If I could change one thing about GX Developer that would be it.

Potter said:
He is.
If I could change one thing about GX Developer that would be it.

OMG...Brilliant idea by the Jap!

This is apply to all Mitsubishi PLC or the software limitation?

Last edited:
Flyer/Potter,

Actually, it is the CPU that limits you from using multiple programs. If you were to use a Q01 series (or higher), you can. The software itself (while certainly not the most user-friendly out there) is not your limiting factor.

Steve

Steve Etter said:
Flyer/Potter,

Actually, it is the CPU that limits you from using multiple programs. If you were to use a Q01 series (or higher), you can. The software itself (while certainly not the most user-friendly out there) is not your limiting factor.

Steve

Steve, thanks for your information, you mean this limitation apply to all FX2N plc, right?

After using Mitsubishi & Yokogawa PLC software, I still very much in love with AB!!

Yes,

Unfortunately it applies to all f series processors.

Subroutines in the q series not sure about the a series.

Marc

While I can't say definitively, I believe the Q series is the only one that features subroutines. Having worked with many of the A series as well, I have never seen them there, either.

Steve

Q, QnA, QnAS allow creating multiple program files.
other CPUs don't (A, FX). working on A series controller and
18000 steps, all in just one file sure makes you curse those who
didn't think of possibility of spitting it up...
;)

A sort of way I have found for splitting up subroutines - or for that matter different parts of the program is by putting statements in the left hand margin.
If these are quite verbose, it actually appears to split the left bus line and leaves subroutines and routines seperated from the rest of the program.

As you then scroll down you can see where one section ends and another starts

You can also create a subroutine (even though it is still in the main program) by using an S coil. When the S coil is true, anything after the STL instruction that matches that coil will execute till you reach the next RET statement.

ie out S5
STL S5
RUNG
RUNG
RUNG
RUNG
RET

The rungs between STLl5 and RET will only execute when S5 is true, S5 can be anywhere in the program, not just above STL l5.

(NOTE, outputs and data will remian in the last state the subroutine was scanned unless turned off in another section of code so be careful, I make the last rung of the STL (right before the RET a reset of all data and outputs that should not retain "last scanned states"

But they are still in the main program so it doesn't really split them up visually for you like a subruitine in RSlogix

They are handy though

Marc