"Browse Ethernet Node" doesn't work

bharg

Hi,

I have some siemens profinet devices like CPU317F PN/DP, ET200S (IM151-3 PN), Mobile Panel 277 etc. I'm using Step7 V5.4 SP1 on my laptop, Dell inspiron 8600. Laptop has Broadcom 440x 10/100 integrated controller which is working fine.

The problem is I can't browse the ethernet node through PLC>edit ethernet node. Same is possible from another similar laptop, same hardware, same ethernet controller etc. I can ping each device though from my laptop! 🍑

I have tried installing DLC protocol as per siemens guidlines. (the other one which browses the nodes doesn't have DLC :( )Local siemens rep said, there may be some error in Step7 installation, although installation was completed without any error. I followed the advice, uninstalled WinCC and Step7. Installed it again, and still the same issue. I tried after uninstalling the DLC protocol, doesn't work, so I've installed it back again.

Any Ideas? how to solve this?

Hi bharg

My own experience with the edit Ethernet node function is that after the IP address has been set, then you can no longer set it again with this utility. I dont know if it should be possible to do it somehow, this is just my experience.

What I do is to change IP the IP address in the HW Config of the various components, and then download from the HW Configurator.

Hi again.

About the Mobile Panel 277, I think that you have to manually set the IP adress via the Windows Control Panel. This is what I do anyway. It is the only parameter that isnt updated when you download to the panel.

Thanks Jasper for replies,

Well my point here is, why can't I browse ethernet nodes from one laptop with clean installation (which can ping all those nodes)when I can do that with another identical machine.

Just for your info, it is possible to change the IP and device names from the "edit ethernet node" browser as many times as you like. For Mobile panel, you can also set it from local Win CE control panel. I did the same. But since that also shows up in "edit ethernet node", it should be possible to set IP and device name, haven't tried yet.

So, coming back to the problem. I saw in event viewer following messages:

The WLAN Transport service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

The PROFINET IO RT-Protocol service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

The DS1410D service failed to start due to the following error:The system cannot find the file specified.

I'm not sure if this is causing Profinet bowse error but I re-installed my wireless lan and wired LAN driver. Also installed Simatic NET, but of no use.

I plan to format my drive soon. Mean while looking for some easier fix from Siemens experts:teacher: .

bharg said:
Just for your info, it is possible to change the IP and device names from the "edit ethernet node" browser as many times as you like.
Me and my collegues cannot get that part to work, apart from once with a clean factory fresh CPU.
Siemens also talk about managing Ethernet networks with some kind of SNMP software (I think to remember that it is called). Apart from this I dont know much about it.