SFW50 software

lynduffy

Hi
Wonder if anyone can help? I have a copy of a ladder logic program which im finding difficult to view. It has a .P50 extension, does anyone know how to view the document.

Thanks
Lyn

That is for a Square D Symax50. If you will zip it and attach it to a post here, I can help and I'm sure others here can also. WinLDR software for the IDEC line of plcs is somewhat compatible if you use the Model FA2-J PLC. The addressing numbers are different but it will connect to the processor and can be used to download.
Sid

Hi Lyn

Sounds like SquareD Symax 50. Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll try to help you with some (very old) DOS stuff I've got. Might not be until Monday though.

The Square D Class 8005 Model 50 PLC was programmed with their SFW50 software. While this PLC was based on an IDEC platform their programming software is not directly interchangeable.

This +20 yr old software is designed to access the COM ports only on DOS systems at a maximum CPU speed of 20MHz. There are free-ware programs like SLODOS that will allow SFW50 to communicate at faster CPU speeds. I have had success with running it at >125MHz on a WIN XP machine set up with dual boot (and DOS 6.0).

Gerry M said:
??

I have succesfully used this program on my current laptop.

There was a definite problem with computers in the 25-100MHz range. But as speeds started exceeding 125Mhz the problem seemed to become platform dependant only. This COM port problem had to do with the way handshaking was often performed in the early days of serial communications, and so it was not limited to the SFW50 software.

Jim Dungar said:
This +20 yr old software is designed to access the COM ports only on DOS systems at a maximum CPU speed of 20MHz.

Gerry M said:
I have succesfully used this program on my current laptop.

Gerry,
You may want to think about getting a new and faster laptop, apparently you have had that one for long enough and deserve a new one.... :D

I can view it, but i can't figure out how to print it to a text file.

And its on my really old Dell Optiplex GC270. Ha-Ha!!

lynduffy said:
Thanks for all the help, I've zipped the ladder file & attached it.
thanks
Lyn
Here you go. Unzip, then open with Notepad.
By the way, do you have the same file name with a .L50 extension? It will have the labels in it.