PLC2 activation

bwolf

I lost the hard drive with my PLC2. I have the software but AB no longer supports so I cannot get a master disk. Is there anyway around the activation file or where can I get one?

Last I checked, you could still purchase PLC-2 software, though it is expensive. As long as you own a legitimate license to the software then AB tech support will help you with the license, however you may need a tech support contract.

Last edited:
Not even help with the activation file? That seems odd. If so then I think they are shooting themselves in the foot. There are still a lot of PLC-2s out there.

If you have the empty master disk start the program with the master disk in your hard drive. It is a documented secondary method of running the software

Rockwell finally obsoleted both 6200-PLC2 and AI-2 software aboutfour years ago (after a 20-year lifetime). That means you cannot get new media copies or new activation diskettes. Rockwell will still support the PLC-2 controllers, but only through their own field service engineers and repair parts services.

If I were in your situation, bwolf, I'd call the Rockwell office up in Burr Ridge, IL. Talk to their ACIG "Solution Architect" or to their Technical Consultants, and I'll bet you can get an activation to get your AI-2 software running again.

I have provided gratis PLC-2 support to my customers in the past in exchange for an opportunity to quote a conversion to a more modern, more easily supportable control platform.