S7-314 Ifm Rom

Prince

I have a PLC with an S7-314 IFM CPU which I want to change its hardware configuration for communication purposes. As far as I try to change the Hardware cinfiguration the more I try the less it change. The CPU is equipped with ROM, I tried the "Copy Ram to ROM" in Step7 no error comes on but no change happens. the CPU is of the old types with 4 position selector and battery. I guessed may be there is a jumper or key on the CPU in order to protect the ROM. Can anybody help me ?

Sorry Jesper

The Help File says like this about this command:

" The function "Download to EPROM Memory Card on the CPU" deletes all the blocks on the CPU and on the memory card. All blocks in the block folder are then downloaded to the EPROM memory card on the CPU. The function is only possible if the CPU is in STOP mode and an online connection to the PLC is set up. "

"This menu command is used to write a user program to the memory card of a CPU.
Provided that the CPU has a slot for memory cards and supports this functionality (e.g. CPU416), and a memory card is inserted, the STEP 7 project can be downloaded to the card. The function can only be executed if the CPU is in STOP mode."

I will test it today on the CPU but does that mean that I must do this anytime that I make changes in the software ?
Can you tell me in brief what is different about this CPU? I was always thinking that this command saves a backup copy of the software project on MMC card. I am sure that you are aware that there is no MMC card on this CPU..

Last edited:
Use that funtion to store the program on the memory card. It is the same for MC and for MMC cards.

You should only use this function when you have finished your changes.
Before that you download to RAM, no matter if it is program blocks or HW changes.

But I see no Changes when I download the hardware Configuration changes in the normal way . It is just same as before when I try to Upload and new modules are not not working...

Last edited: