Omron 3G3MV Inverter - PC Comms

Hi, I need to pull the settings from an omron 3G3MV inverter using cx drive. I've ordered the relevant cable but does anyone know the pin outs. I need the settings now and the display is shot. Cheers richard

your Inverter 3G3MV... type? I ONLY can read from n1 to n179 from inverter 3G3MV by CX-DRIVE. hope I can help you what you need!!!

BEST REGARD!!!!
MY NAME: BUIPHUQUOI

Richard Daughtrey said:
Hi, I need to pull the settings from an omron 3G3MV inverter using cx drive. I've ordered the relevant cable but does anyone know the pin outs. I need the settings now and the display is shot. Cheers richard
your Inverter 3G3MV... type? I ONLY can read from n1 to n179 from inverter 3G3MV by CX-DRIVE. hope I can help you what you need!!!

BEST REGARD!!!!
MY NAME: BUIPHUQUOI

Richard Daughtrey said:

Hello Richard,
According to CX-Drive help...
PC --- Inv
2 ---- 7
3 ---- 6
5 ---- 2

Hope this helps

HI Paulus!!!
Can you help me?! I cant connect PC and Inverter 3G3MV by RS422/RS485?although, I used K3SC-10 (Omron) unit, but I cant do.
Thank you very much!!!
---------------------------
Best Regards! PAULUS!!!

BUIPHUQUOI

Last edited:
Is the drive set up to actually communicate 422/485?

If your display is shot, you should be able to get another one easily enough.

Chapter 7 in the MV user manual deals with communications. If you do not have one, let me know and I can get you a link to one.

HI Leadfoot!!!
Can you help me?! How to set to I can connect PC and Inverter by RS422 or RS485? and CABLE connect beweent PC and Invereter?
Example:n1=?...............n179=?
Thank you very much!!!
Best Regards! Leadfoot!!!

BUIPHUQUOI

buiphuquoi said:
HI Leadfoot!!!
Can you help me?! How to set to I can connect PC and Inverter by RS422 or RS485? and CABLE connect beweent PC and Invereter?
Example:n1=?...............n179=?
Thank you very much!!!
BUIPHUQUOI

Hello Buiphuqoi,
You shouldn't need to set any parameters within the inverter to allow connection from CX-Drive. n154 (Baud - 9600) and n155 (Parity - Even) are read-only.

Use the pin-outs as shown previously (note - the inverter connector is a CAT5 type (typically ethernet) - even though the comms are RS422.
Use this cable arrangement, and then use Auto-detect facility in CX-Drive.

Good Luck

HI Paulus!!!
Thank You very much!
I used ok, I can upload n1....n179 from inverter,by use:
PC --- Inv
2 ---- 7
3 ---- 6
5 ---- 2
Please! Can you help me!
But:
I cant Use the pin-outs as shown previously (note - the inverter connector is a CAT5 type (typically ethernet) in my company.
Because:
once at once, I openned panel control inverter 3G3MV.I need no open panel and connect by RS422 or RS485 to PC connect Inverter (R+,R-,S+,S-) by CX-DRIVE to see N1..........N179 in process production.

Best Regards! PAULUS!!!

BUIPHUQUOI

HI All!!!
Please! Can you help me!
My Inverter show erro:F00.I pushed any panel's key no working. I cant Reset erro.Can you help me!!!
Thanks!
------------------------------
Best Regards!

BUIPHUQUOI

DO NOT plug a cat 5 cable into the MV and a computer. It will destroy the ethernet port on a computer. There is an adaptor to ethernet for using the serial port on a computer to the MV.

The FOO faults indicate the digital operator is not connected correctly. You can use a Cat 5 cable to extend the operator away from the drive. We door mount the operators all the time with a Cat 5 cable.

I believe you are trying to use the terminal strip points to do your communications.

If you do not have a manual for the drive, go to www.idmcontrols.com click on DOWNLOAD scroll down and on the right you will see links to all of OMRON's drive manuals. They are in pdf format. Chapter 7 is info on communications. I need to look at CX-Drive. You can get drive wizard and information on how to program the drive with the PC. You still need the adaptor. I will try to get you the correct pin out. I have one and need to find it.

EDIT: do you have the CX-DRIVE manual?

Last edited:
HI Leadfoot!!!
Please!Can you help me?! How I looked DRIVE wirard but I cant see how to a CABLE connect beweent PC and Invereter?
Example corporeity:
PC Inverter

pin1?-----pin?
ect...

Can you give me a image connect beweent PC and Inverter by Dive wizard program?
I know English a little. I am sorry!
HI Leadfoot!!!
I have not Cx-Dive manaul. Can you give me a one!?

Thank you very much!!!
NOTHING COULD HAVE GIVEN ME GREATER PLEASURE THAN TO GET NEWS FROM YOU!!!

BUIPHUQUOI

Last edited:
HI Leadfoot!!!
Please!Can you help me?! How I looked DRIVE wirard but I cant see how to a CABLE connect beweent PC and Invereter?
Example:
PC Inverter

pin1?-----pin?
ect...
Can you give me a image connect beweent PC and Inverter?
I know English a little. I am sorry!
HI Leadfoot!!!
I have not Cx-Dive manaul. Can you give me a one!?

Thank you very much!!!
NOTHING COULD HAVE GIVEN ME GREATER PLEASURE THAN TO GET NEWS FROM YOU!!!

BUIPHUQUOI

Good Call

Leadfoot said:
DO NOT plug a cat 5 cable into the MV and a computer. It will destroy the ethernet port on a computer. There is an adaptor to ethernet for using the serial port on a computer to the MV.
Hello Leadfoot,
Well pointed out. (y)

I should have stated that the PC end is connected to the Serial Port using a standard 232 D connector, and the CAT5 connector is used at the inverter end (where the programming console is connected).

Sometimes the obvious is not so obvious!