Valve islands

BoSChoW

Hello guys,

does anyone know how a valve island work, i have it at home and its operational, but maybe i am missing something ... can please somebody explain it to me ...

Best regards and thank you.

Well, depends on the type and brand usually.

Usually, it's just a bunch of valves mounted together on a block, that you supply air or hydraulic power too, and you turn off/on the valves (And the valves can be any type of valve). The valves share common inputs (Air or Hydraulic) and have seperate outputs.

Some have a single mutliconductor cable running to them, for easy wiring. A single common wire and power outputs to each valve. Others have just single cables going to each valve. Some are made to be hooked up to DeviceNET.

There are many different types. But all they are, are valves that are compacted together for space and ease of use.

God and everyone please forgive me. You got it, that means I am probably gonna be sinful, at least can not resist saying something.

i have it at home and its operational, but maybe i am missing something ...

Personally if an island is involved all I want are palm/coconut trees and pretty girls.

OK, OK, enough being naughty. Y'all wanna tell us exactly what you have so we un's (like that) can offer some insight to your situation.

I is tired, I am not going to assume anymore.

Just out of curiosity, I still do not understand the DIFFERENCE between a valve manifold and a valve island.

[Now that the seriousness is aside, great joke Bernie. I might add "No man(ifold) is an (valve) island." - sorry...]