MicroLogix 1200 FRN3

optikal

I am looking for FRN3 firmware for a MicroLogix 1200 controller.

We had a new employee update the firmware from FRN3 to FRN11. Now our RSLogix 500 software will not work as it is incompatible with FRN11. According to Rockwell, the only thing we can do is pay for a newer version of RSLogix as the FRN3 firmware 'doesn't exist anymore'.

Anyone out there with a firmware compatible with v4.5.00 of RSLogix 500?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

If this is the only SLC/MicroLogix controller you have or ever will have, then go ahead and pursue an old firmware revision. I work for A-B and I would have a really hard time getting my hands on obsolete firmware sets. I don't even know if FRN3 can be loaded into a controller with FRN11 running.

But if you ever get a new controller, you're going to need the current software anyhow to work on it.

Either way you're going to need a favor from A-B to get this done. You may as well ask for the one that gets you into 2007 instead of keeps you in 2001.

Last edited:
Ask your local rep. how much it would cost for an e-connect support contract.
This should be very low cost. Then you can upgrade your copy of RSLogix to the lastest version. May cost less than the old firm ware.