RSLogix 5000 v16

infineum

Does anybody know the definitive date for the release of RSLogix 5000 version 16? I am very interested in their implmentation of user defined function blocks.

The most recent prediction I've been given is for release at the end of January 2007.

Because the v16 release was held up for another round of testing, there can't be a firm release date until the testing is complete and the software has passesd.

If you are a v16 beta customer, keep working with your local office.

Introducing....... v16 !

We're finally out of Beta and into Version 16 Release.

RSLogix 5000 v16 is available today, January 31, 2007 for download by Rockwell employees and Rockwell distributors. This is not for distribution, but for demonstration of the actual product.

The schedule for the product to be available to users via the Web Updates site is February 9, 2007, and production discs should ship by the end of February.

Firmware for 1756 ControlLogix CPUs only is in the release build, and DF1 Radio Modem protocol support was removed. The non-1756 controller firmware (Compact, Flex, Drive, Soft)Logix is now getting the full attention of the development and debug teams and will be completed shortly.

I am going to uninstall my v16 Build 19 beta, do a registry CCleaner run, and carefully install the v16 release, and start learning more about AOI's and Drive Premier Integration.

[disclosure] I'm not a manager, this isn't an official announcement. I just want to get accurate information on what's out there into the Forum community.

Last edited:
RSLogix 5000 V16

I actually had just contacted our distributor to find out when the release would occur. They indicated mid-February which is consistant with your information. Hopefully all this testing will result in a bug free release.

Thanks

I can confirm Ken's info: V16 officially out
590MB package released today to distributors.
In addition to Radio modem driver, initial release will not have support for Compactlogix L43, that is expected in a few weeks.

So......Within the next few weeks I will be buying RSLogix 5000 and a CompactLogix L43 for a project. I haven't used either one in the past. Would I be better off to get Ver. 15 to keep from running into unexpected problems? I don't care about any new software features.

You will get all versions 10+, so it is up to you what version use for your project

L43 supported in ver 15 and 16

doug2 said:
personally I never upgrade on the full revs until atleast a couple of .00.01's have occured. thats just our practice here.

and thats a good practice to follow. we had some irritating problems with RSLogix 500 v7.0 compatibility with older version. a patch and then 7.1 fixed it.