CC-Link to RS232 (Mitsubishi)

TheBigHarv

Hey guys,

I am using an A2USHCPU-S1 PLC and am trying to set up a network between a A1SJ61BT11 CC-Link card and a AJ65BT-R2 RS232 card.

I have downloaded a sample program from Mitsubishi to the PLC but am not having any success with getting the R2 module to communicate with the CC-Link card. I am attempting to pass data from a SICK barcode scanner through the R2 to the CC-Link card. The errors we are recieving are "transmission error complete" and "reception error read complete" The initialization complete finishes without any errors on the CC link card but the errors are popping up on the R2 module. Line tests and hardware test have both came back as good, so I am lost as to where my problems could be.

Any help on this topic would be greatly, GREATLY appreciated, as we have been phoning Mitubishi's tech-support line for a week now without any help on the matter, only promised returned calls that have never been recieved.

Thanks.
TBH

Hey Panic Mode,

The code is attached but I cannot find a digital copy of the manual for the RS232 interface module we are using (AJ65BT-R2). I can't find it on the meau.com. Which wiring diagrams did you want to see?

manuals for this card are

Tech ManualIB(NA)66780-A 544.86KB PDF
AJ65BTD75P2S3 Positioning Module Users Manual (Hardware) 8/18/2001

Tech ManualIB(NA)66781-D 2.79MB PDF
AJ65BTR2 RS232C Interface Module Users Manual
1/30/2006

on page 4-9 (55/264) of the later one is example wiring diagram (top of the page is CC-Link, and below that is crossover cable to connection to DTE device for example).

Since CC-Link is bus type network, it is important to have properly set addresses and baud rate on both master and all slaves. I guess this is your only slave so Master will have address 0 and slave 1, and B-Rate (communication speed over CC-Link) will be same on both devices etc.

here are manuals for CC-Link master that you have

Tech ManualIB(NA)66721-J 3.39MB PDF
AJ61BT11 A1SJ61BT11 CCLink System Master (Local Type) Users Manual 11/30/2004

Tech ManualIB(NA)66725-E 240.16KB PDF
A1SJ61BT11 Control & Communication Link System Master_Local Module Users Manual(Hardware) 8/18/2001

I don't remember using CC-Link on so old CPU but since your program lacks any comments I will not even try reading it..

However...

you are using addresses which are explicitly prohibited (See page 3-7 or 42/280 of IB-NA-66721-J). For example you are writing to Y2C and you are reading Y21, 22, etc (just reading them is ok but it indicates problem with your code).

Last edited:
Hey Panic Mode,

Thanks for getting back to me, I should have told you that the program I sent you was an example out of the Mitsubishi RS232 interface module manual. It was an example of how to set up the exact network we are attempting to set up for our customer right now ( A-Series cpu <==> CC Link Card <==> R2 Module). We downloaded it to see if it was our code that was causing the transmission error we were receiving, that was not the fact. We were getting the same fault with Mitsubishi's code as we did with our own. I've made a few changes and added descriptors into the program and attached it to this file.

TBH

well, sorry but I can't help... there are still some serious problems with comments and I just don't have time or energy to reverse engineer...

for example commented program should include comments of ALL used devices (memory locations), code sections should have statements etc. (specially when everything is jammed into one ladder file, like wiht A or FX CPUs).
imho, it should look something like this:
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?download=631
bottom line - it should be readable without using manuals for reference.

there are some minor issues like addressing overlaps (SEG instruction starts at Y18 and reads 16 consecutive bits, 8 of which are in the Y20-27), etc. which also make reading more cumbersome.

then you read buffer 668h (host parameter status, 0=OK, when not zero, indicates alarm code) only when Y27 is on (and this is prohibited address...which never get's set anyway unless it's done by hand....which shouldn't happen because it's prohibited and results can be unexpected). if you are not reading error code from CC-Link master, how can you tell what is wrong? btw. code sample on page 6-6 of the manual looks the same but it says that this should be X27 not Y27...o_O

check manual IB(NA)66721-J, because I think you still have problem with CC-Link. until this is resolved, it is pointless to think of RS232 communication through AJ65BT-R2... wish you luck.

Last edited:
You are welcome... I hope at least it points you to the right direction.
We all can use a boost from time to time. So, if something doesn't work,
just start from begin (in this case wiring, terminators, CC-Link network
and then RS232 comm.) until it does work.

Code samples in manuals are usually way too long and lack comments. I never liked them.
this makes it way too hard to accurately reproduce them (should be a download or just copy/paste).
So far copy and paste between GX Developer and another application (Notepad for example)
doesn't work for code...(at least it doesn't on my version of GX Developer).

Btw. don't use high speed, at least not until you verify that everything
works (156 or 625kbps is more than enough). It may be helpfull to try it on a
simpler module first (dumb device like digital I/O, ask customer or supplier for a loan).

For any special card (analog, positioner, network or whatever) I always
first read status - and continuously if possible. One must know alarms and in case
of network card what master thinks about slave devices or nodes
(are they online and responding?).

then there is the INIT part that is normaly done once only (your last code sample keeps on
writing parameters to the master because bit M163 doesn't get reset right away like
suggested in the manual) In most cases this is not a problem but then again,
you still don't have working system to play with so I would just change it.

And finaly there is part of code that handles reads/writes to that card or
particular node. Each section is tested in that order and it is condition to
proceed to next part of code. This is the most straight forward method I could
think of and it works for me.

Keep trying and post your progress or any question... Cheers